George L. Savvides is the founding partner of GEORGE L. SAVVIDES & CO and is the Managing Director of GEORGE L. SAVVIDES & CO LLC. George L. Savvides has extensive experience on commercial and corporate law matters and transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, corporate finance and restructuring, listing of public companies at the Cyprus Stock Exchange, shipping and shipping finance and other aspects of corporate and commercial law.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Corporate and Corporate Finance, Shipping and Shipping Finance, Taxation, Commercial, Arbitration, Insurance, Banks and Banking.
- Admitted to Cyprus Bar Association in 1984
- Barrister of the Middle Temple
- LL.B. (Hons.) – University of Exeter
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Famagusta Bar Association,
- Cyprus Bar Association,
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators,
- Associate Member, American Bar Association,
- International Bar Association (Formerly Senior Vice Chair European Forum and Secretary Committee 10),
- Former Member of the Shipping Law Committee of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Author of the section on Cyprus in Butterworths European Tax and Investment Service (1996),
- Cyprus- Legal Aspects of Ship Finance and Mortgages (Shipping Finance Annual 1993-1994 Euromoney Publications),
- Cyprus – Offshore Companies and Ship Registration (The European Handbook 1993, Volume II issued by the London Society of Chartered Accountants),
- Cyprus – Conflict of Maritime Laws contained in the book International Conflict of Laws by William Tetley (Blais 1994).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Made several presentations and chaired sessions in numerous international conferences on different issues ranging from the benefits of using Cyprus in international tax planning to issues of law firm management and other issues.
LANGUAGES: Greek & English